Putting in place, a fresh website is quite stressful even if it is done by the most experienced digital marketers.
Websites are complicated. Hence, it is quite a common concern that many aspects get overlooked. It can be a misspelled word, broken link or consistency. Needless to say, there are plenty of things that can go wrong or place in inappropriate order.
For an instance, what if you forgot to test the data recording form and missing out abundant of hot leads? Or a level worst, you didn’t check the redirects completely and visitors get to see a PAGE NOT FOUND message each time they try approaching you?
Sounds dreadful, right?
First-of-all, it is very important to understand that the problems that we generally ignore considering them teensy-weensy can cost a fortune in terms of the business website. Losing your cool won’t be a solution for all such issues. The easiest and effective solution here is to create and follow a comprehensive website features checklist to run down before launch.
Be it a microsite or a business website, planning a website checklist plays a significant role in creating a lasting impression of your business on the minds of potential customers. This post is listed with seven major components of the website that you should not miss penning down on your checklist. They are:
1) Page Content: Just writing the relevant copy of content won’t work. You have to spare out some time for reviewing entire website’s content with a fine-tooth comb. Be it capitalisation of letters, spelling issue or a typo, tweak out every flaw. Formatting is another aspect you can check on. Make sure you have removed all the generic content. Lastly, take a look at contact details if the name of the person is mentioned appropriately.
2) Design: First and foremost consideration should be the perfection in the pixels. As modern era demands a responsive design, you should check the same on all the devices. It should be looking good on every device regardless of its size. Browser compatibility and device compatibility should be tested.
3) Functionality: Spend some time on testing all the features you have integrated into your website. Be it information catching forms, sharing links, auto-responders etc, everything should work flawlessly. Make sure all Page Not Found pages are redirected appropriately. The major consideration here is the page load time. A slow loading page may frustrate the user and compel him to quit. From your company’s logo to Thank-you mail, each aspect should work in smooth and streamlined manner.
4) Search Engine Optimization: Invest some time to cross check whether you have provided everything that could strengthen your SEO strategy. Don’t leave a single stone unturned from architecture to the sitemap. The uniqueness of the content and keyword density needs to be monitored precisely so to maintain website among good ranks.
5) Analytics: Your website should be integrated with intelligent tools that can help you acquire essential web data as well as analytics. This lot of valuable information will definitely help you in making improvements on the website going further.
6) Security and Backups: Don’t forget to keep a copy of final website as a backup. Keep your website data protected against malware and other sorts of damages by setting up site security back-up properly. Passwords and other credentials should be stored in a secure database.
7) Compliance: Every industry follows a certain set of protocols. So, be sure your website complies with all the rules and regulations. The best step would be – consulting it with a legal counsel to make sure no important aspect is missing. Be transparent with the visitors like make them aware that your website picks up the cookie data. Also, terms and privacy policies should be clearly stated.
Hope this post has alleviated some of your stress hitched up with the launch of a new website. It won’t be wrong to say that functionality checklist helps you to resolve all the websites concerns in a précised and strategic manner. No other trick would be as beneficial as creating a new website checklist. You can upgrade your checklist if you got to know or encounter any aspect different from the list mentioned above.
Kristy Bernales is presently working with Web Design Xperts. She is a sharp-sighted person when it comes to designing. She loves the time she spent with nature and soft music tracks. Every design of hers is a clear reflection of spontaneous creativity she possesses.
10 Proven eCommerce Web design hacks to Get More sells