A designer often tends to make mistakes while designing a startup website. Startups play an important role by emphasizing on the freedom of people to communicate their ideas to others. Here are 10 basic tips which shall help you to design good startups. These tips will encourage in building a stronger brand, bring in more visitors and help you to achieve higher conversion rates.
Things you should not ignore while designing a start-up
- Limit the number of fonts to 2 only. Your startup page will look messy by using too many font types.
- “Avoiding the crap” is what you should follow. Get rid of unnecessary stuff and keep what is required.
- A picture can speak a thousand words, so save your words and use a stunning image instead.
- Be conservative with the color. Why use too many colors when a single color can do the job for you. Think of Coca Cola as a perfect example.
- 95% of web design is Typography. Pay specific attention to Contrast, Line – height & Hierarchy of the written text.
- Responsive design is the Industry standard today. Think mobile first or don’t think at all.
- It is always advisable to create 2 to 3 versions of your landing page and test with actual users.
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou. Make your design emotional so that people feel happy and delighted.
- Test your copy for call to action (CTA); whether it is to sign up for newsletters or to test the product, it has to be obvious. Avoid using slang like “Dive In” instead of “Sign In”.
- Knowing your end user counts. Design for your end user and give him value for his money.
There is no rocket science in creating a startup page, just common sense, research and best practices. Hopefully the tips above will help your startup design process.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):